Here’s another Real Estate Education for the books! Today I’m sharing ways to increase your home equity.
- Add usable square footage. The more livable square feet you have in the home the better. Some examples would be adding a bathroom, great room, or an in-law suite.
- Clean and declutter. A deep clean and subsequent cleanings for upkeep can also make your home more attractive and more livable.
- Make your home more energy-efficient. Just a few examples of this are installing a smart thermostat, a high-efficiency furnace and AC, and making the switch to LED lightbulbs.
- Freshen up with paint and flooring. Paint can work miracles! To freshen up old, dated hardwood flooring, a good sanding works well. Shampooing carpets can also make a big difference.
- Improve your curb appeal. A well-kept exterior sends a signal that the interior is also cared for.
- Upgrade exterior doors. Replacing your front door and or garage door can have a huge impact from a curb appeal point of view.