Today’s Real Estate Education topic is on staging and why, statistically, it sells homes faster at a higher price.
Staging a house is the process of strategically arranging furnishings and decor to make a house look its best while selling.
Why do we stage a home before selling?
- Surveys have shown that over 85% of the staged homes sold between 6-25% higher than their un-staged counterparts
- According to the National Association of Realtors, staged homes sell 87% faster than un-staged homes.
Here are the 3 main steps involved in staging:
- Declutter – the process of removing all forms of clutter, this includes clothing, furniture, and household items that make the rooms feel too cramped.
- Depersonalize – removing any personal items that have your image or name on them. You want the buyer to see themselves in your house as if it was theirs.
- Re-arrange – adding the right furniture defines the space and gives the home a better flow, which appeals to buyers.